Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Obsession

There are always things that I discover and become obsessed with pretty quickly (and then a few weeks later I forget about them and move on to new obsessions). Here are some things that I'm obsessed with this week

1. Frye Melissa Button Boots

These were my amazing Christmas present from my mom (I didn't think I was going to get them because of the price) so imagine my surprise when my mom ordered them for me the day after Christmas. They were on backorder so I just got them in the mail last week. Needless to say I've already worn them 3 times. Oh and did I mention they feel like butta!

2. Strawberries

This is the second week in a row that I've bought them and can I say they are good with everything! I've been putting them on salads, putting them in smoothies, eating them for dessert. I'm definitely obsessed!

3. Almonds

This one is funny because growing up I always used to lie about being allergic to nuts because I didn't like them. The other day someone at work had almonds and was being extra pushy about offering them in a meeting. I tried them and instantly fell in love! I bought some in bulk and divided them up into little baggies. They have been the perfect mid-day snack and I don't know how I lived 25 years without them.


4. My own running abilities

Okay I'm not THAT into myself but I amazed myself yesterday on the treadmill. I traveled (I say that because I ran some and walked some) 3.5 miles. What amazed me was that I ran for 39 minutes total...about 2.5 miles. Now, some may read that and be like "pfft...nothing to brag about" but the most I had run before yesterday was 25 minutes...so to make it that long for me is a HUGE deal. Can I call myself a runner now?



5. ZARA

I used to shop at Zara before I gained too much weight to fit in their largest size (and had to move to the dreaded LB for clothes). Now that I'm slimming up, there are some stores that are reopened to my shopping trips. Saturday while I was at the mall I decided that I would just go in and see what I could find. To my surprise there were a ton of things that fit me! I got an awesome striped tee, a kelly green cardi, and a black off the shoulder tee that zips in the back. Wooo!!! I'll try to pretend that my closet isn't overflowing right now...


So what are you obsessed with this week?



1 comment:

  1. ok that is a HUGE jump in time on the running! seriously - 25-39 minutes tires me out - i'm mega impressed!

    almonds - i am trying my hardest to fall in love with these guys .....so good for you!


    and i LOVE my fryes!! i think i like yours better though b/c mine have a heel...so comfy though right?!

    ReplyDelete