Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Obsessions

Happy Tuesday!!

I have two obsessions this week.

I am all about some Hunger Games. The previews for the movie looked good but I have a horrible habit of seeing movies without reading the book first (i.e. Twilight...yes I've seen all the movies so far and LOVED them...don't hate). The first book is AMAZING. I finished it in 2 days and so this week I'll be getting the next book. If you haven't read it...do it.

Okay, maybe work isn't that bad...but close enough.



This is true. I would so be the first to die. Thank goodness I don't live in Panem.

Okay, enough being a Hunger Games Geek. My next obsession is the fact that I have signed up for the Peachtree Road Race which is a huge ATL 10k held every year on the 4th of July.



Once upon a time, when I was 15, I ran the PTRR. I remember it being fun and easy. I don't remember the hills or or the heat and I pretty sure it went by fairly quickly. However, I was 15. At 15 you have the ability to just pick up and run 6.2 miles without any training beforehand. But things are so different now....

So now i'm on a pretty serious training schedule. My personal trainer and I are working on getting my stronger and I'm working on my running and endurance. I'm doing a short version on C25K for the next 4 weeks and the bridge to 10K following that.


Obviously my plan is to run the whole way but who knows what will happen. I just want to finish the 6.2 miles...run, walk, or crawl!

What are your obsessions this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment