Sunday, March 4, 2012

I Vow.

Sorry I was MIA last week! I had more events on my social calendar in the last week than I've had since I moved to Atlanta total. Hopefully this week will be a little calmer because I can feel my body tiring out a little.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about my friendships. When I was in high school I had a group of 10 close friends. I thought that we would be friends forever and be each others bridesmaids. Over the years I lost touch with all of these girls but one. They have mostly kept in touch with each other but somehow I got left out the equation. One of the ten got married last weekend and I was kind of bummed that I wasn't able to be apart of it because our friendship got lost somewhere.

I have this grand idea that my friendships should be like Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda. Girls, I would hang out with all the time, that would all be friends with each other...that I would talk to about everything. As an adult this hasn't happened yet for me.

Don't get me wrong. I have some amazing friends and I'm starting to put myself out there to continue to make good friends. I'm very excited about my budding friendships as well as some of my friendships that I've had for awhile. Let's face it, I can't hang out with my dad every weekend.

So I've decided to make a vow to be a good friend...
to reach out to girls that I know
to make and keep plans with them
to go shopping with them
to chat with them
to gossip (only a little)
to get manis and pedis
to listen to their problems
to eat raw cookie dough and talk about bad dates
to take roadtrips
to celebrate birthdays
to bring them chicken noodle soup when they're sick
to invite them to zumba
to share beauty secrets
to laugh
to love
as long as our friendship shall live.

No comments:

Post a Comment